The Town of East Gwillimbury is committed to removing barriers that affect persons with disabilities from participating in the 2022 Municipal Election.
Assistive Voting Technology is available by appointment at the Civic Centre, 19000 Leslie Street, Sharon, during the Advance Voting period (October 13, 14, 17, 18, 19 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.) and on Election Day (October 24 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- For voters who want to cast their vote in-person and who require assistance completing a paper ballot, an accessible voting unit with accessible components will be available by appointment at the Civic Centre on specific days and times during the Advance Voting period and on Election Day.
- The assistive voting unit is intended to serve voters with accessibility needs and consists of the following accessible components:
- ImageCast Precinct tabulator
- Audio-Tactile Interface (‘handheld device’), with braille markings
- headphones used to interact with the system
- Sip and Puff device
- Hand/foot paddles (‘paddle device’)
- External printer for printing the audio session ballot once the voter has made their selections
Visit EG's Elections Team in-person at a Voter Help Centre, or contact them by email or phone, at (289) 580-9774 if you have questions regarding the Municipal Election or registering to vote.