Employment and Volunteering
Get involved in the 2022 East Gwillimbury municipal election!
The Town of East Gwillimbury is hiring engaged, enthusiastic and customer service focused individuals to work at our voting locations for the 2022 municipal election. Positions are available to work on voting day, October 24, and during the advance voting period on October 8, 13, 15, 17, 19.
All successful candidates will be invited to a virtual interview as well as mandatory staff training sessions. If you’re interested in applying, you must be available to work the entire shift on the date(s) you’re applying for.
Who can apply?
To be eligible to join EG’s Elections team, you must fit the following criteria:
- 18 years of age or older
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Applicants cannot be a candidate or the spouse, sibling, parent or child, or grandparent, grandchild of a candidate running in the October 24, 2022, Municipal Election
- Customer service and/or election official experience preferred
- Fluent in English (knowledge of other languages an asset)
- Access to reliable transportation
- Ability to work well both independently and as a team; and
- Availability to attend a mandatory 2-hour training session
- Supervising Deputy Returning Officer
- Deputy Returning Officer
- Tabulator Returning Officer
- Information Assistant
How to apply
If you’re interested in applying to join EG’s Elections Team, please click one of the above links. The deadline to submit applications is Friday, August 19.
If you have questions about working for the 2022 municipal election, email Elections Office for assistance.